Personal support services relate to outcomes identified in the person’s support plan when teaching and training is not necessary to achieve these outcomes, and it is the least costly assistance to reasonably meet the person’s needs. Covered services include supervision, support or assistance with:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Accessing community services
- Developing meaningful connections with community members
- Establishing new relationships and nurturing existing ones
- Participating in community activities of the person’s choosing.
Services provided one-on-one with the person outside of his/her home must be provided in integrated community settings that enable the person to interact with people with and without disabilities to the fullest extent possible.